sábado, 30 de abril de 2011

Striving for continuity

Life switched to slow motion in November, but the rag doll state started creeping in inadvertently long before (hindsight is very helpful in order to move forward).  I felt the urgent need for a vacation, something uncommon in me. I love my work...I love hard work and enjoy it.  Then my eyes started acting up. I chalked it up to age...you know, the arms get shorter. My ability to judge distances when driving or skiing a race course were slightly impaired. When September arrived, a killer flu got a hold of me and I spent 2 days in bed with a fever.
The ski season ended and we all returned to reality. I had to once again face up close my father's slow death, my one sister's obsessive rebellion against the indifference, abandonment and indolence of the rest of our siblings towards his suffering; my son dropping out of school and the state of my personal relationships.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario